Mom's Carrot Cake32 Reviews
“The difference between this and other carrot cakes is the fact that the carrots are pre-cooked instead of raw. It is a really moist cake that is better the day after it is made. Cake tastes best after refrigerating overnight.” - by v monte
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 x 13 inch cake
- In a small saucepan, cover carrots with water. Bring water to a boil and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Let cool and mash.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs. Add vegetable oil, buttermilk, 2 cups white sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt. Mix in pineapple, 2 cups mashed carrots, nuts and coconut.
- Pour into paper towel-lined 13 x 9 x 2-1/2 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Place cake on a plate, and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- To Make Frosting: Combine cream cheese, melted butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and confectioners' sugar. Spread on cooled cake. Cake tastes best after refrigerating overnight.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 424 cal
- 21.3 g
- 55.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (32)Rate This Recipe
"hi, it sounds good and cant wait to make it but I have a little question? Um, why do we pour the batter into paper towel lined pan? wont the batter stick to paper towels? wouldnt wax paper be better o..." See morer what am I missing here, lol? thanks in advance!"
"I have made this cake several times and everytime it's a hit. It's very moist and yummy. I do substitute a few ingredients. I use 1 tsp. of allspice and 1 tsp. cinnomon. I also used pecans instead..." See more of walnuts. I add raisins because to me carrot cake isn't carrot cake without them. As for lining the pan with paper towels...I didn't. I just prepared my pan with oil & flour and baked as directed. I baked it a bit slower than the directions assuring even cooking. I make this a two layer cake and doubled the frosting recipe to have enough to cover both layers. I sprinkled chopped pecans over for garnish. It taste great and makes a great presentation. "
Carrot Pineapple Cake I
Carrot Cake XII
Just swipe to see more like this.