Brownie Torte90 Reviews
“This torte is delicious and very rich.” - by WILDFLOWER12
Original recipe yields 1 - 9-inch round cake
- Butter and flour a 9 inch round cake pan.
- In a pan over low heat, melt 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup light corn syrup.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips until melted.
- Remove from heat and add sugar and eggs, and stir until blended.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla , flour, and nuts.
- Pour into pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or until center springs back when touched.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Then place on a cooling rack.
- To Make Glaze: Combine chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons butter or margarine and corn syrup in pan. Stir over low heat till chocolate chips are melted. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Frost tops and sides of torte. Chill until set. Garnish with sliced strawberries.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 391 cal
- 23.7 g
- 44.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (90)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is EXCELLENT! I work in a small fine food, wine and deli cafe/restaurant and it is one of our most popular cakes. I had a problem with it being to dry (the center was smooth and fudgey, bu..." See moret it got drier as it goes out). A quick stir of the batter during cooking solved it fast! I make a double recipe in a 28cm springform pan, crush chocolate biscuits ontop and serve it with cream and icecream. Great recipe."
"I was a bit afraid that this would just be brownies in a round pan, but it definitely was not! It was dense and fudgy, and the glaze came out absolutely perfectly. Before chilling, I decorated the t..." See moreop with sliced strawberries - it looked great with little effort! Keep this chilled at all times and serve with vanilla ice cream."
Double Chocolate Brownie Cake
Brownie Caramel Cheesecake
Just swipe to see more like this.