Zucchini Boats on the Grill133 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Delish zucchini stuffed with your favorite ingredients and finished on the hot grill. Great side dish or as a light meal on their own.” - by BAJATHECAT
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Prepare the grill for indirect heat.
- Place the zucchini in a pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes. Drain, cool, and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp to about 1/4 inch from the skin. Chop pulp.
- In a bowl, mix the zucchini pulp, bread pieces, bacon bits, olives, jalapeno, green chile peppers, onion, tomato, and Cheddar cheese. Season with basil, seasoned salt, and pepper.
- Stuff the zucchini halves with the pulp mixture. Seal each stuffed half in aluminum foil.
- Place foil packets on the prepared grill over indirect heat. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, until tender.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 120 cal
- 6.3 g
- 9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (133)Rate This Recipe
"I make these all the time and you can just about throw anything in them. One real time saver-cut zucchini in half, take a microwave safe dish and put in a little water. Put zucchini cut side down. Coo..." See morek on high 5 minutes. Varies with microwave. Then proceed with recipe. I always cook mine in my toaster oven, and put on broil the last 5 minutes or so."
"This is a good mix of ingredients, and we will make these again. It would have been far to soggy if I hadn't drained and squeezed the zucchini meat in a colander and paper towels. Instead of closing..." See more them in foil, I made small foil boats and cooked the zucchini with the top exposed. This made them crunchy and tasty on the top."
"Great, and very versatile! I used a leftover (cooked) burger patty instead of bacon, no chiles, and eyeballed the rest. I cooked the zucchini in the microwave, and to avoid the mushiness other reviewe..." See morers experienced I drained the scooped pulp on paper towels before chopping (it was real wet). I also wrapped them separately in foil packets, then cooked them in a 450 degree oven on a baking sheet for 15 minutes. Will make over and over again."
Easy Grilled Zucchini
Cheddar-Rosemary Zucchini Boats
Just swipe to see more like this.