The Easiest Chocolate Cake1 Reviews
“A chocolate cake with a coffee glaze on top.” - by Margalit Samsonov
Original recipe yields 1 - 12 x 13 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 x 13 inch cake pan.
- Whip the sugar, eggs, baking powder, and the vanilla sugar. (To make Vanilla Sugar: Place one clean vanilla bean in a pint jar with 1 - 1 1/2 cups white sugar. Shake occasionally. After a few days, use the sugar and replenish as necessary.) Add the shortening and mix well.
- Stir in the flour, the cocoa powder, and the orange juice and mix until homogeneous. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake cake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for about 40 minutes. Remove cake from oven and immediately spread coffee glaze over top.
- To Make Glaze: Five minutes before cake is done, mix together confectioners' sugar, Nescafe powder, and milk. Use immediately to spread over hot cake.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 309 cal
- 12.5 g
- 46.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This was not to my taste. 1 1/2 tablespoons of cocoa powder? This is not a chocolate cake. It's an instant coffee and a hint of orange juice cake, which don't seem to go well together at all...." See more"
Victory Chocolate Cake
Aunt Mary's Chocolate Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.