Chocolate Pound Cake I36 Reviews
“This was my mother's recipe. You may eat it as is or put a fudge frosting on it.” - by Suzanne Stull
Original recipe yields 1 - 9-10 inch tube pan
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Cream together butter or margarine, shortening, and sugar. Add the eggs, vanilla, and salt mixing batter until light and creamy.
- Add 1cup flour and the baking powder to egg butter mixture. Stir until just combined. Then add 1/2 cup milk stirring until combined. Continue alternating flour and milk, ending with flour.
- Stir in cocoa and mix well. Place batter in a greased and floured tube pan that has been lined with greased and floured baking parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) oven for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes. Then remove cake from its pan and let cool on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 505 cal
- 23.4 g
- 69.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (36)Rate This Recipe
"This was very good. My cake was moist and perfect. I made the following changes though: I didn't have enough sugar, so I subbed 2 c Splenda and 1 c brown sugar. Also, the cake was done in 1 hr, 15..." See more min. Adding 15 more minutes to the cake would have made it too dry I think-- just watch in your oven the first time. I frosted it with some melted chocolate chips that I thinned with a bit of evaporated milk. Next time, I think I will stir the cocoa in with the flour-- it might be a bit easier to combine with the batter then stirring it in the last minute. Might try some differant extract flavors instead of the vanilla-- orange, raspberry, or almond would all be good."
"I used this recipe to make a friend's wedding cake, and it was a hit!! A delicious moist cake with just the right density. I left out the cocoa and added lemon extract to make a white layer as well, a..." See morend have been asked to supply one for a party! Thanks for sharing."
Chocolate Pound Cake III
Best Chocolate Pound Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.