Quick Black Forest Cake217 Reviews
“This is an easy, delicious, and moist cake.” - by Donna
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 x 13 inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix together: cake mix, beaten eggs, almond extract, cherry pie filling and 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips. Stir until just combined. Pour batter into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree F (175 degree C) oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove cake from oven and let cool.
- To Make Glaze: Heat 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, butter or margarine, and milk in a saucepan over medium high heat. Once semisweet chocolate chips are melted and mixture is combined stir in confectioners' sugar.
- Spread glaze over cooled cake. Serve cake as is or with whipped cream and a cherry.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 263 cal
- 9.7 g
- 41.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (217)Rate This Recipe
"Today is my son's birthday and this is the third year he has requested this cake. I mix the cake according to the directions and it comes out moist and fudgy. The almond extract really compliments the..." See more cherry filling. I make this in two 9 inch round cake pans and bake them for 35 minutes.Instead of the glaze I frosted it with chocolate icing. I topped the cake with about 1 cup of additional cherry pie filling and used white icing piped around the edge to keep it from running over the sides. It looks gorgeous when finished. Everyone thinks it's from a bakery. Thanks for such a great recipe!"
"I made this cake in a bundt pan and drizzled cherry pie filling on top of the chocolate glaze. It was wonderful!..." See more"
"Divine and easy. Hubby gave 5 stars and he is hard to please. I used Pillsbury moist supreme devil. I added 1/2 c oil & 1/2 c water. I also placed batter in 2 greased 9 inch cake pans baked 30-35 minu..." See moretes. I cooled the cakes and in between the layers I put chocolate icing then covered the entire cake with it. So good!! Icing simple: 4 & 1/2 c confec. sugar, 1/2 cup milk, 1 c soft butter, 1 & 1/4 c cocoa, 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1/2 tsp almond extract. Beat butter, then add rest and beat....so good and like I said easy"
Jenny's Black Forest Cake
Black Forest Dump Cake II
Just swipe to see more like this.