Key Lime Cake I14 Reviews
“This is a tangy and delicious cake.” - by Norae
Original recipe yields 1 - 10 inch Bundt cake
- Cream together the butter or margarine and 3/4 cup sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Separate the eggs. Beat in the egg yolks one at a time, and add the key lime zest.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the egg butter mixture, alternating with 1/2 cup key lime juice.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, and fold into the batter.
- Pour batter into a well greased 10 inch Bundt pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), or until cake tests done. Cool cake for 10 minutes in pan, and then invert onto cooling rack.
- To Make Key Lime Glaze: Combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup key lime juice. Simmer over medium low heat until a light syrup forms; this should take approximately 5 minutes. Use glaze immediately. Pour over still warm cake.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 206 cal
- 8.7 g
- 30.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"The taste of this cake is fabulous. However you need to double the recipe to get a nice size cake as it doen't rise much. Everybody that tasted it at my party was impress by it. To avoid making a mist..." See moreake while following the recipe,it would be better to specify that the sugar, the lime juice and the eggs are divided . Nevertheless I love that unusual cake and it is always a success when I make it. It is also very nice with a lime, butter and ice sugar frosting."
"The cake tastes delicious, but it didn't fill my 10 inch bundt pan. Also, those intimidated by beating and folding in egg whites may find this one tricky...." See more"
Key Lime Cheesecake I
Key Lime Cookies I
Just swipe to see more like this.