“This is a Dutch buttercake.” - by Hanneke Hartkoorn
Original recipe yields 1 - 10 inch loaf pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 10 inch loaf pan.
- Mix grated lemon rind with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Beat butter and sugar with vanilla sugar and lemon rind until the mixture becomes white and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time mixing after each one.
- Mix flour and baking powder together and then carefully fold into the butter and egg mixture. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake cake for 60 to 75 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving (15 total)
- 276 cal
- 15.6 g
- 30.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (21)Rate This Recipe
"I grew up in a traditional Dutch family and is one of the most well known traditional Dutch Recipe. It is Boterkoek, not Botercake. Also, I think it is a typo that you bake in in a LOAF pan. You don't..." See more - I've never in my life seen it baked in a loaf pan. You bake it in one 10 inch round cake pan. Always."
"Actually something strange happened to this recipe. In the original recipe I submitted a very long time ago, there were equal quantities of butter, sugar and flour. The measurement of each of these th..." See moreree should be 50 grams per egg. So a 5 egg recipe requires 250 grams butter, 250 grams sugar and 250 grams flour. I'm sure if you try this the result will turn out better! In August I have submitted the recipe for the BOTERKOEK that some of the reviewers here are talking about. BoterKOEK is completely different from BoterCAKE. Unfortunately this recipe is not public yet."
Grandmother's Pound Cake II
Pound Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.