Summer Squash Chicken Alfredo65 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“This is a recipe I came up with that uses all of my favorite ingredients and is very beautiful served on a platter.” - by CALLIEW
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish, and coat with the garlic. Bake 25 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear. Cool and chop.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place the rigatoni in the pot, cook 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- Place bacon in a skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the zucchini and yellow squash until tender and lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, mix the Alfredo sauce and milk. Serve chicken over the cooked pasta. Pour Alfredo sauce over the chicken. Top with zucchini and squash. Sprinkle with sun-dried tomatoes, bacon, Parmesan cheese, and almonds.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 436 cal
- 23 g
- 35.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (65)Rate This Recipe
"What an amazing mixture of ingredients. I did not have sun dried tomatoes, but I used all of the other ingredients. I could really taste everything and it blended very well together. I felt like bak..." See moreing the chicken was not necessary and would heat up the house. So I cooked it on the stove top. I cooked the bacon first then I used the bacon grease to cook the chicken, (depending on how fatty your bacon is you might want to drain some of it off). Then while I chopped the chicken into small bite size pieces I cooked the zucchini and squash in the same pan. After cut, I put the chicken back in the pan. Once everything was cooked how I liked it, then I sprinkled evenly the parm cheese, nuts, and bacon on top, but did not stir in. It gives it a very pretty presentation. I coated the pasta with the Alfredo Sauce. I would put it on the plate, and put the chicken mixture on top. I rarely ever give something 5 stars, mostly because I ignore those reviews and look at the 2-4s, however this was too good to give a 4. "
"This was excellent! We have an abundance of summer squash from the garden and are getting a little tired of it so decided to try this for a little variety. I sauted the chopped garlic in oil for jus..." See moret a minute or two before adding the cubed the chicken and squashes. Just before all were done I added about 1/2 cup slice mushrooms and the diced sun-dried tomatoes. I then tossed in the cooked hot pasta and the Alfredo sauce with milk along with 1/4 cup real bacon bits (instead of cooking and crumbling bacon) and heated everything through. I omitted the almonds and I added the Parmesan at the table because some don't like it. We loved this and with the changes I didn't dirty all the dishes in the kitchen. We'll definitely make again! Thanks!"
"Yum.To do a true review,I used all ingredients.I did throw in the zucchini while the chicken cooked on the stove top so that it would not be mushy just tender.While the chicken was still partially fro..." See morezen I cubed it. I must admit that this recipe rocks.Even the non zucchini eater in the family gobbled it up.Full of flavor,great way to get zucchin into the little ones diet.Thanks again for the yummy recipe.Also would have been fine w/o almonds."
Classico(R) Cajun Chicken Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.