Butter Pound Cake135 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“This is a real rich pound cake which is tasteful alone or with ice cream or a fruit topping such as peaches.” - by Diana Moore
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 or 10 inch tube pan
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 or 10 inch tube pan.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and mix well.
- Introduce the flour, one cup at a time while adding cream a little at a time until all flour and cream is mixed in well.
- Add the vanilla and lemon flavoring and blend well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1-1/2 hours or until center springs back from small amount of pressure. Immediately turn out on cake rack to cool.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 532 cal
- 28.1 g
- 64.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (135)Rate This Recipe
"This is probably one of the best if not the best pound cake recipe I have ever made. I have made cream cheese, sour cream, buttermilk, etc and whipping cream still seems to be the best to me. I also..." See more sell cakes at my work place and of all the pound cakes, my co-worker's order this one the most. So how anybody could say this recipe needs to be taken off the list is totally absurb to me and probably they probably didn't follow the directions correctly. This is definitely an easy no fail recipe. I also have used various flavorings combinations and all have worked out very well. This cake is very moist, easy to make and very delicious."
"This is a very deceptive recipe and should be taken off the list. I am a very good baker, but this recipe is the worst I've ever prepared. If you want a good pound cake recipe, see the "Cream Cheese ..." See morePound Cake" recipe, now THAT recipe is a "no fail" recipe."
Five Flavor Pound Cake I
Chocolate Pound Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.