Burnt Sugar Cake I2 Reviews
“Caramelized sugar is used as an ingredient in this cake, as well as being used for the glaze.” - by tomg
Original recipe yields 3 -9 inch round cake pans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease three 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a small saucepan bring 1 cup of the water to a boil, slowly add 1/2 cup of the sugar and cook to a thick syrup.
- Sift together the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter or margarine with 1 1/2 cups of the sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl, combine milk and sugar/water mixture. Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the milk mixture to the creamed butter or margarine mixture. Stir until just combined. Pour batter equally into three greased 9 inch round cake pans.
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). When cool, glaze with burnt sugar syrup.
- To Make Glaze: In a small saucepan bring 1 cup water to a boil, slowly add 1/2 cup of the sugar and cook to a thick syrup. Pour over top of cooled cake layers.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 135 cal
- 4.5 g
- 22.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Im sorry for the extremely poor review but I have to be honest. This was one of the worst cakes. It was really dry and not that flavorful. Im trying to figure out if it was something that I did but I ..." See morethought I followed the directions pretty throughly. If you or anyone could give me more advice on making the cake better that would be great because i'm pretty sure that this is a great cake but just made wrong"
Lady Baltimore Cake
Devil's Food Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.