Chocolate Cake I44 Reviews
“This is a simple but rich cake.” - by Syd
Original recipe yields 1 -9x13 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Grate the chocolate. In a small saucepan, boil the milk and chocolate until mixture forms a custard.
- Cream the butter or margarine and sugar. Add eggs and sour cream to the creamed mixture.
- Dissolve the baking soda in water, and add to the creamed mixture. Add the flour, and mix thoroughly. Add the chocolate mixture and beat well. Pour into a greased and floured 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes to one hour.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 167 cal
- 7.1 g
- 24.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (44)Rate This Recipe
"I used this recipe for the cake for my son's 3rd birthday party. Kids and grownups alike loved it...." See more"
"Important: after reading how chocolate-less this cake seemed to be I used 5 TIMES the amount of chocolate required. I followed the rest of measurements exactly (only I used brown sugar instead of whit..." See moree, and plain unbleached flour that I sifted -instead of cake flour). This cake turned out fantastic, moist and rich! I added a thin layer of homemade frosting on top, although this is really optional."
Cherry Chocolate Cake
Best Moist Chocolate Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.