Brown Sugar Cake7 Reviews
“This is a rich and spicy cake.” - by Syd
Original recipe yields 1 - 3-layer 9 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9 inch round cake pans.
- Cream the brown sugar and the butter. Add the eggs, and mix well.
- Mix the baking soda and the sour cream, and add this to the creamed mixture.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and spices. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and stir in the raisins. Pour batter into three 9 inch round greased and floured cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes or until cakes tests done.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 465 cal
- 17.4 g
- 74 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"This is a terrible cake. I am a pastry chef and followed the recipe as written, plus my oven is well-calibrated. What I ended up with was a dry, hard product that was a complete waste. Needs at lea..." See morest 1 cup sour cream, another egg and 1/2 cup butter. Beware!"
"This is a horrible recipe. It does not have enough moisture. The cake does not "pour." You can pick up the whole lump with a spoon. I actually think that the submitter must have left something out. I..." See more added milk just so it would spread and then when it was backed it had such a strong flavor of baking soda it gave everyone hartburn. Sorry"
Brown Sugar Spice Cake
Brown Sugar Brownies
Just swipe to see more like this.