Coconut Pound Cake48 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 1 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“My grandchildren love this cake.” - by Janie Carter
Original recipe yields 1 -10 inch tube pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together 2 cups sugar and the butter. Fold in the eggs one at a time, fully incorporating each one before adding another.
- In separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, milk, flaked coconut, and 1 teaspoon coconut extract. Beat into the creamed mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for just a few minutes, then place on cake platter.
- To make the glaze, mix together in a small saucepan 1 cup sugar, water, 1 teaspoon coconut extract, and walnuts. Boil for 1 minute, and pour over still warm cake.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 438 cal
- 20 g
- 61.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (48)Rate This Recipe
"Great cake! I just didn't like the glaze - I would definitely make this cake again, just using a powdered sugar glaze instead. Thanks for the recipe!!..." See more"
"This is just like my grandmother's cake with a few exceptions - her recipe calls for crisco instead of butter, buttermilk in place of the milk, more coconut extract (a tablespoon), and no nuts in the ..." See moreglaze. Instead, you poke holes all in the cake with a toothpick and pour the glaze on top of the cake so that as much of the glaze as possible is absorbed into the cake instead of sitting on the botth of the dish - doing it this way makes the cake supermoist and flavorful! Excellent!!"
Five Flavor Pound Cake I
Butter Pound Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.