Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta317 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“I created this simple Sicilian-style pasta dish one day when trying to use up some sun-dried tomatoes.” - by MADBALL
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a small saucepan, bring the broth to a boil. Remove from heat. Place the sun-dried tomatoes in the broth 15 minutes, or until softened. Drain, reserving broth, and coarsely chop.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place penne pasta in the pot, cook 9 to 12 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- Place the pine nuts in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir until lightly toasted.
- Heat the olive oil and red pepper flakes in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the garlic 1 minute, until tender. Mix in the spinach, and cook until almost wilted. Pour in the reserved broth, and stir in the chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Continue cooking 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooked pasta with the spinach and tomato mixture and pine nuts. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 340 cal
- 8.9 g
- 52 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (317)Rate This Recipe
"Really easy and very tasty! Few changes: used chicken broth, oil packed tomatoes, doubled the garlic and pepper flakes, and added about a tbsp of fresh basil. Will make again...." See more"
"One of my favorites ... very simple to prepare and tasty! I omit the pine nuts as a personal preference, substitute dehydrated tomatoes with julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, no need to p..." See moreresoak them and adds great texture and flavor, and drizzle additional olive oil as the final step to moisten the pasta a bit. Serve with garlic bread and a glass of wine ... sophisticated simplicity. Prepare to impress! Photo available on my profile page."
Asiago Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
Penne Pasta with Spinach and Bacon
Just swipe to see more like this.