Angel Food Cake I109 Reviews
“Homemade angel food cake is worth the work. It is moist, unlike the sweet styrofoam available in the grocery bakery. A tube pan with a removable bottom is highly recommended.” - by Syd
Original recipe yields 1 - 10 inch cake
- Beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks, and then add cream of tartar, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Sift together flour, sugar, and salt. Repeat five times.
- Gently combine the egg whites with the dry ingredients, and then pour into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan.
- Place cake pan in a cold oven. Turn the oven on; set it to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Cook for about one hour, or until cake is golden brown.
- Invert cake, and allow it to cool in the pan. When thoroughly cooled, remove from pan.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 137 cal
- 0.1 g
- < 1%
- 30.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (109)Rate This Recipe
"FANTASTIC. It's easy to make, comes out PERFECT every time. It's nice to have something I can make from scratch, without additives, and not have to rely on something that came out of a box. My whole f..." See moreamily loves this cake...even plain with nothing on it...of course, a few strawberries make it even better. After reading the other reviews, I have some suggestions: 1. Make sure all utinsels used are grease free - any grease can cause your cake to fall. 2. Line bottom of cake pan with wax paper. Before taking cake out of pan, slip a knife around the outside and inside of pan...your cake will come out perfectly. Once out, take the wax paper off the top of cake. 3. If you are seperating your own egg white, remember ANY yoke in the egg white will cause your cake to fall. Happy eating!"
"SUPER easy and SUPER yummy. Scroll down for some great tips on releasing the cake from the pan. I highly recommend parchment paper at the bottom of the tube pan. I also found a GREAT trick for separa..." See moreting eggs.... USE A FUNNEL!!! The whites slip right out and the yokes are kept in the funnel! Just be sure to separate over a separate bowl so that if a yoke does slip through, it won't spoil the whole bunch. Also, the almond extract is a GREAT addition to this cake."
Angel Food Cake III
Yellow Angel Food Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.