Tandoori Chicken Salad3 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“Tangy grilled chicken atop a bed of greens mixed with onions, raisins, almonds, pineapple, mint sprigs, and lime. Includes a zesty Indian-style salad dressing.” - by IIJUAN12
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey mustard dressing, ground cumin, and curry powder. Cover, and refrigerate until serving.
- In a baking dish, whisk together yogurt, garam masala, and lemon juice. Place chicken breasts in the dish, and turn to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Lightly brush oil over grill grate. Grill chicken until done, about 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, mix together onion, raisins, almonds, and pineapple.
- In a large bowl, toss salad greens with salad dressing and 3/4 of the almond mixture. Divide salad among 4 plates. Sprinkle equal amounts of reserved almond mixture over each salad. Top each with grilled chicken, and garnish with a mint sprig and a lime wedge.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 348 cal
- 20.1 g
- 28.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I used pre-cooked grilled chicken strips and just used plain honey mustard dressing, and I REALLY liked it. It was super easy and MUCh tastier than my normal boring vegetable salads!..." See more"
"I think you can make it more 'authentic' as far as making it a Tandoori chicken with the following: Add some tandoori masala (dry or paste) in the marinating process, and remove the honey mustard. Ju..." See morest marinate with yogurt, spices, a little bit of oil."
"I am new to Indian-style cooking, so I can't comment on the authenticity. I followed the recipe very closely, until assembly. The marinade is wonderfully fragrant, and the finished chicken would be ..." See moredelicious on its own. The sweet taste of pineapple and raisins added to the overall exotic quality of the salad. The dressing is a perked-up version of honey mustard. I didn't toss everything together as the submitter suggested, and I'm glad I didn't, because now I have some extra of that yummy dressing. DH has said that he doesn't care for curry, but he certainly scarfed this salad down, as I did. Thanks for the idea!"
Chicken Berry Salad
Grilled Orange Vinaigrette Chicken Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.