Earthquake Cake I26 Reviews
“This is like eating an upside down german chocolate cake.” - by Bobbi
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch pan
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package.
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of one 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle coconut and nuts over bottom of pan. Pour cake batter over top.
- Combine 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine, cream cheese and 2 cups confectioners' sugar. Beat until smooth. Pour (spoon) over cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cake cool before frosting.
- To Make Frosting: Combine cocoa, cola and 1/2 cup margarine in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Pour mixture over remaining confectioners' sugar. Beat until smooth. Spread icing over cake. (If you like a thicker icing add more confectioners' sugar.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 311 cal
- 16.3 g
- 40.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (26)Rate This Recipe
"I bake cakes weekly for our companies employees birthdays. This cake was a HUGE success! The men in the plant were particularly fond of it. The creamy filling that falls to the middle as it b..." See moreakes is a wonderful surprise. But do take note!! Baking time IS longer than indicated."
"I made this for my father-in-law's b-day and it was a hit. It was then requested for my husband's grandmother's birthday the following week. I did bake it a little longer than stated, just until the..." See more toothpick came out clean-- an extra 10-15 mins. Also this cake is somehow even more delicious the next day. Y*U*M*M*Y!!!"
"i made this cake and my son loved it, after he ate the last piece he said I NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CAKE AGAIN.SO A WEEK LATER I MADE THIS CAKE AGAIN BUT THIS I USED A CHOCOLATE FUGDE CAKE I DIDN'T KNOW I..." See moreT POSSIBLE TO IMPROVE ON THIS CAKE BUT I DID . THANKS FOR THE RECIPE IT WAS GREAT. WILL MAKE IT AGAIN AND AGAIN SHERRY L."
Just swipe to see more like this.