Spicy Polynesian Wrap30 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“Tortillas filled with marinated and breaded chicken, lime juice, rice, coconut, and green onions. This is very close to what we ate in Fiji.” - by IIJUAN12
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Place the chicken and coconut milk in a bowl, and marinate in the refrigerator 1 hour.
- In a pot, bring the rice and water to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, curry powder, and garlic salt. Drain the chicken, and discard marinade. Dredge chicken in the flour mixture to coat.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the coated chicken strips 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown and juices run clear. Squeeze lime juice over chicken, and discard limes.
- On each tortilla, place equal amounts of rice, chicken, coconut, and green onions. Wrap burrito style.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 735 cal
- 36.5 g
- 70.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (30)Rate This Recipe
"Awesome! I deep fried the chicken (less greasy than pan frying)and added 1/2 cup ground coconut and 1/4 cup ground almonds in the breading mixture. I added some shopped water chestnuts and also used..." See more the "Spicy Pineapple Sauce" from this site...the two together can't be beat! My kids (5 & 9) even raved and ate every last morsel."
"These were awesome! I added curry, cumin, garlic and chicken stock to the rice (jasmine rice) which enhanced the flavors of the chicken. The sweetness of the coconut mixed with the other flavors was..." See more so delicious!! I also served this with a Thai ginger soup that used the coconut milk instead of throwing it away."
"This was very yummy. I changed it around a bit, but stuck to the spirit of the recipe. I used light coconut milk to marinate because that is what was in the cupboard. I also had some cooked brown rice..." See more so I used that instead of the white. I dredged the chicken in the flour mixture but only used about 1T of oil to saute things in. I just couldn't bring myself to use the full amount. I cut back on the amount of rice in each wrap and added in some sauted cabbage. I also toasted the coconut under the broiler before I added it to the wraps. I agree this needs some sort of a sauce so I think next time I make this I may make a yogurt/sour cream sauce with sme curry and garlic or something along those lines. This was a nice change of pace for my work lunches and it froze well. Thanks."
Simple Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wraps
Easy Spicy Chicken and Rice
Just swipe to see more like this.