Shrimp Burritos114 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“I worked at a Mexican restaurant that specializes in Baja dishes, and became addicted to this burrito... I moved away, so I had to create my own. The Chipotle Sauce is what makes it oh so yummy!” - by SHACKL
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, and cook until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in rice, and season with cumin and 3/4 teaspoon of garlic salt. Cook and stir until the rice is lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Pour in the chicken broth and the diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then cover and cook over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- In a small saucepan, stir together the refried beans, 3/4 teaspoon of garlic salt, and black pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until heated through.
- Place shrimp in a bowl, and stir in garlic until shrimp is coated. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, and coat with cooking spray. Saute shrimp until heated through and lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, mayonnaise, and chipotle peppers until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place about 1/4 cup of cheese onto each warm tortilla. Then place about 1/2 cup of shrimp on the cheese. Top with 1/4 cup of beans, and 1/4 cup of rice. Spread on about a tablespoon of the chipotle sauce, and salsa to taste. Roll up, and serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 866 cal
- 45.9 g
- 73.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (114)Rate This Recipe
"really lovely dish, could be prepared with chicken or veggies for vegetarians. the one bit i didn't like was having to dirty so many pans. next time, i would just throw the refried beans in with the c..." See moreooked rice and mix those together instead of using a separate pan to heat up the beans."
"These were good. I think the best part was the Chipolte sauce. Long version-make the original recipe. Long short recipe-buy some spanish/mexcian rice, sautee the shrimp in garlic and make the Chipolt..." See moree sauce. SHORT version-Make burritoes your way but make the Chipolte sauce. I would also add more cumin if you do cook the onions."
"Knowing I needed to save some calories for a Cinco De Mayo margarita, I set about to lower the fat/calorie count of these burritos. I used Sargento reduced fat 4 cheese Mexican shredded cheese, fat fr..." See moreee refried beans, and fat free yogurt in the sauce. I used brown rice, using a little more liquid and extra tomatoes, and whole wheat tortillas to make them even healthier. Even with these modifications, they were great. I used uncooked frozen shrimp that I sauteed briefly with the garlic and, as we were putting them together, we decided the salsa was overkill, and skipped it. I would make these for a Mexican themed gathering, without a doubt!"
Cajun Crawfish and Shrimp Etouffe
Addictive Sweet Potato Burritos
Just swipe to see more like this.