Banana Nut Coconut Cake38 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 45 min
“The melding of banana, coconut and pecans give this cake a unique flavor. Best if made a day before serving.” - by ETHELMERTZ
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch layer cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans or one 9x13-inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, cream together white sugar and 1/2 cup butter. Mix in eggs and 3 mashed bananas.
- Sift together flour and baking soda in a separate bowl. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, mixing well after each addition. Blend in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Fold in 1 cup of pecans and 1 cup coconut. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks.
- To Make Frosting: Cream together 1/2 cup butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in 1 medium mashed banana, 1 cup pecans, 1 cup coconut and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 708 cal
- 34.3 g
- 99.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (38)Rate This Recipe
"Awesome! I made this the day before as suggested. Took to a bbq and it was gobbled up before all the other desserts and I got tons of compliments. This is dense and rich but oh so yummy. I cut the coc..." See moreonut and pecans in half for both the cake and the frosting and it was perfect and saved a lot of unnecessary calories. I also used sour cream in place of the buttermilk. I only used 3 cups of powdered sugar for the frosting and added 4 oz cream cheese. Not runny OR too sweet, just right!! This is a keeper, thanks!"
"I am eating this right now and lemme tell you it really hits the spot! I followed the recipe exactly but instead of making a cake, i made cupcakes!!! Its moist, not too dense to be a cake (its much fl..." See moreuffier!), and has the most perfect combination of flavors. Oh yeah, i used macadamia nuts instead of whatever they used and i chopped it up so i get a little bit of crunch in ever bite! The coconut gives it a subtle kick from the regular banana cake/bread... i love it! Also, since everyone said the frosting was too sweet, i only used 2.5 cups of sugar and it turned out great because the sweetness isn't overpowering compared to the banana flavor. I also sprinkled the coconut flakes and nuts on top of the frosting instead of mixing it in...... I LOVE IT!"
"I will be making this recipie again.I do not normally like bananna cake but the coconut andnuts gave this a nice combination. I used walnuts .Next time i will be lowering the suger content.I found th..." See moreat the icing was not necessary.This ias a perfect cake for summer. The only complaint that i have that this is an ugly looking cake but it tastes superb."
Banana Cake II
Quick Banana Nut Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.