Cinnamon Teacake67 Reviews
“Quick and easy cake topped with cinnamon sugar. Quite good for breakfast.” - by Indira
Original recipe yields 1 - 6 inch round cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 6 inch round cake pan.
- Melt 7 tablespoons of the butter. In a medium sized bowl mix together the melted butter, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, and the self rising flour to form a soft dough. Add the milk and mix again till smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove cake from oven and set aside. Once cake is cool enough to handle remove from its pan and place on a serving dish.
- In a saucepan melt 1 tablespoon butter and mix with 1 tablespoon white sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Spread over top of cake.
- In a small bowl stir together the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Sprinkle over cake.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 244 cal
- 11.9 g
- 33.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (67)Rate This Recipe
"Thanks, Indira! It seems I have tried a thousand egg-free cake recipes since my daughter developed a severe egg allergy. This is the first eggless cake recipe I'll keep. I've tried it twice so far...." See more Best results were when I doubled the recipe and substituted 1 cup of flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt for each cup of self-rising flour. A double recipe fills my NordicWare mini-bundt muffin pan, plus a couple of small mini-bundts. The texture was more solid and consistent than recipes that use soy lecithin or potato starch/tapioca substitutes for egg. The cinnamon masks the baking powder flavor just fine. I'm going to try a chocolate version next."
"this is the most terrible thing i've ever baked!! it took me over 30 minutes and it was raw and doughy in the middle but crunchy on top. the flavor wasn't even that good. i dissapointed my whole famil..." See morey when i served it for breakfast and it was a mess. "
"Delicious cake, a little plain though. Ever time i made it, it would be gone within a half an hour, so i turned it into a two layer cake and made a topping for it by making a third cake and crumbling ..." See moreit up mixing it with a stick of butter, a 1/2 cup of sugar, and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. It was just what the cake needed. It made it taste a thousand times better. Everyone raves about this, it was a huge hit at work! and very very simple"
Cinnamon Cookies II
Buttery Cinnamon Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.