Cranberry Swirl Coffeecake9 Reviews
“This was a favorite of my family's when growing up - my Mom's specialty. I have entered this cake in several local agricultural fairs and it has won the blue ribbon three times and a best in show!” - by IRENED
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch tube pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 inch tube pan.
- Cream butter or margarine adding sugar gradually. Add eggs one at time. Beating with an electric mixture on medium speed.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. With electric beaters on low speed add flour mixture alternately with sour cream to butter mixture, ending with flour mix (do not overbeat). Stir in 1 teaspoon of almond extract.
- Put a layer of half the batter in the pan the bottom of the pan, than a layer of whole cranberry sauce (1/2 the can). Repeat once more with the remaining batter and cranberry sauce. Sprinkle slivered almonds on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 minutes. Remove from pan after slightly cooling. Drizzle glaze on top.
- To Make Glaze: Mix together confectioners' sugar, warm water, and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Drizzle over top of cake.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 288 cal
- 11.2 g
- 43.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"This cake was good and as others have said it was moist and the almond flavor was just right (I didn't add the blanched almonds). However, it didn't come out as I had imagined it...my problem was too..." See more little batter. Although next time I'll try using a bundt pan instead of a tube (being that the bundt has less width to cover with batter)."
"It seemed more like stiff dough than batter and was too thick to pour and made lumps rather than coating the bottom of the pan. It was very hard to make layers of batter and cranberry sauce. I would u..." See morese more sauce...but the batter really needs to be thinner to work out right. It was tasty, but I think I will have to keep looking because it was pretty hard to work with. Great taste though! Doubling the recipe did not work :( Took forever to cook!"
Cranberry Upside-Down Coffee Cake
Cranberry Sour Cream Kuchen
Just swipe to see more like this.