Melt In Your Mouth Blueberry Cake200 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This is a nice tender cake - one of my Mom's specialties from years ago. It is a great cake to take along to a picnic.” - by IRENED
Original recipe yields 1 - 8 inch square cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.
- Cream butter or margarine and 1/2 cup sugar until fluffy. Add salt and vanilla. Separate eggs and reserve the whites. Add egg yolks to the sugar mixture; beat until creamy.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour and baking powder; add alternately with milk to egg yolk mixture. Coat berries with 1 tablespoon flour and add to batter.
- In a separate bowl, beat whites until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until cake tests done.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 206 cal
- 8.8 g
- 29.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (200)Rate This Recipe
"This is a great blueberry cake. I made mine in a tube pan and with frozen blueberries that I had picked from my bushes earlier this summer. I sprinkled the top with sugar in the raw which are large ..." See morecrystals so it gave it a nice sparkle. "
"I have made several blueberry cakes this summer, because the market had them on sale for $0.99. This is definitely one of the best! A wonderful, really moist cake. I used a full pint of blueberries..." See more and substituted margarine for the butter and it worked just fine. I like the taste of vanilla, so I doubled the amount called for. I also threw in a dash.....and I do mean a DASH of cinammon simply based upon personal preferance. Thanks for the recipe Irene!"
Cocoa Blueberry Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.