Baked Meaty Beans21 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“This is a recipe that I made for my nephew's barbecue cookout. I received praise from everyone, even my mother. She always claims that I add too much to my cooking. I showed her.” - by Big Dan
Original recipe yields 20 servings
- Place bacon in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat and cook until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Place beef, sausage and garlic in Dutch oven and cook over medium-high heat until well done. Drain grease. Mix in onion and cook until tender. Stir in brown sugar, syrup, ketchup, mustard and chipotle sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low. Bring to a boil and cook 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Mix bacon, baked beans, kidney beans, black beans, pinto beans, great Northern beans and cannellini beans into Dutch oven. Continue cooking 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Season beans with chili powder and salt.
- Place Dutch oven on prepared baking sheet on lowest rack of preheated oven. Bake 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 326 cal
- 9.4 g
- 45.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (21)Rate This Recipe
"Wow! These beans rocked at our birthday party. No one went without eating them. We used Frank's RedHot Sauce in place of the Chipotle since we had it on hand, but my guess is that it was just as go..." See moreod. Some complained of the heat, but our beans were even gobbled up by our 18 month and four year old. We even tried to make a second batch on the rangetop after they were gone. We didn't have all of the fixin's so those weren't as good. Anyway, give these a try - you'll go back for more until the pot is empty, I promise!"
"I would have rated it a 5 star (that's what it should be) but the dutch oven was confusing me. I might be new, but I know that certain pots and pans can give the food a different taste and I thought ..." See moremaybe the Dutch oven did that. In anycase I just used a regular pan and I 1/2'd the recipe. It was still plentiful even though it went kind of quick. Very very delicious and easy to make. I made it in my wok. Thanks Danopak."
"This is my first review, and I HAD to say thank you!! These are the best baked beans ever! I got raves from everyone at the 4th of July picnic. The secret is the meat sauce. I used regular syrup a..." See morend whatever beans I had onhand. Oh, the chipotle was a little too hot, but soooo good."
Pat's Baked Beans
Mother Earth's Baked Beans
Just swipe to see more like this.