Chili Beef Casserole34 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“A quick and easy recipe that has a great taste. Can be prepared ahead to 'oven' stage then frozen.” - by windwalker
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium casserole dish.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until evenly brown. Drain, and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a separate skillet over medium heat, and cook the onions until tender. Mix in the green pepper and peas, and season with chili powder and red pepper flakes. Stir the cooked beef, tomatoes, and tomato paste into the mixture. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes. Mix in the kidney beans and corn.
- Spoon 1/2 the skillet mixture into the prepared casserole dish, and top with 1/2 the tortilla quarters. Layer with remaining skillet mixture.
- Cover and bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove cover, and top with remaining tortillas and cheese. Continue baking 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 480 cal
- 15.9 g
- 58.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (34)Rate This Recipe
"I omited the pea's, they do not have the correct texture. Instead of kidney beans, I used a can of black beans. Kidney beans are to big and overpowering, black beans are just right...." See more"
"This is a very good, quick recipe. I even messed up and used tomato sauce instead of paste, but it still came out tasting very good. My husband didn't care for the kidney beans in it, but he doesn't l..." See moreike any type of bean. We really enjoyed the "mexican" taste and I will be making it many times in the future. Thanks for sharing!"
A Merry Heart
"This was great! I changed it a bit. I cooked the ground beef and onion together, added the seasonings, then a can of "diced tomatoes with green peppers" and a 5 oz can tomato paste. Then I added th..." See moree corn and a rinsed/drained can of black beans. (I skipped the peas and kidney beans). Followed the rest of the recipe as is. We topped our servings with "Deans Guacamole Dip" and it was wonderful Served with a salad and Corn Casserole (also from allrecipes). Thanks!"
Campbell's(R) Slow Cooker Hearty Beef and Bean Chili
Mexican Beef and Corn Casserole from Country Crock(R)
Just swipe to see more like this.