Chocolate Spice Cake17 Reviews
“This cake is very moist.” - by Maura
Original recipe yields 1 - 8 inch round cake
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter or margarine and sugar. Add the eggs, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour and spices. Blend these dry ingredients into the sugar mixture.
- Dissolve the soda in the sour milk, and add to the batter.
- Grate the chocolate, and add to the batter.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 8 inch round pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes, or until done.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 238 cal
- 11.4 g
- 32.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"Someone requested a chocolate spice cake and this recipe was great. I added 2 tsp of choc cocoa and added a pinch of each nutmeg, cloves, and ginger...." See more"
"This was a very moist spice cake, but I think its name is misleading -- it's not chocolaty at all. You could probably leave the shaved chocolate out of it altogether and it might not even make a diffe..." See morerence! I used buttercream frosting, but didn't care for that -- I think I'd use choc. frosting next time just so the cake lived up to its name a bit more. I'm not saying it wasn't good -- my husband really liked it! But it waas a spice cake, not in any way a chocolate cake. So, just be warned. :)"
"This is a great recipe, it produces a very moist and flavorful cake. I've made it twice. I followed the recipe exactly the first time and got good reviews. The second time I doubled the recipe, use..." See mored a 50/50 ratio of cake flour/all purpose flour, added 1 cup chocolate chips, baked 2-8" layers, and frosted with vanilla buttercream icing. This produced even better results. Everybody that tried it loved it."
Jan's Chocolate Cake
Double Chocolate Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.