Chocolate Cappuccino Cheesecake294 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 4 hr
“This recipe becomes a favorite as soon as it is tasted. It was once referred to as 'sinfully rich and velvety smooth'. Best if made a day before serving.” - by Cigdem Buke Ugur
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 or 10 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter one 9 or 10 inch springform pan.
- Combine the chocolate wafer crumbs, softened butter, 2 tablespoons white sugar, and the cinnamon. Mix well and press mixture into the buttered springform pan, set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add 1 cup white sugar mixing until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat at low speed until very smooth.
- Melt the 8 ounces semisweet chocolate with 2 tablespoons whipping cream in a pan or bowl set over boiling water, stir until smooth.
- Add chocolate mixture to cream cheese mixture and blend well. Stir in sour cream, salt, coffee, 1/4 cup coffee liqueur, and vanilla; beat until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake in the center of oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Center will be soft but will firm up when chilled. Do not over bake. Leave cake in oven with the heat turned off and the door ajar for 45 minutes. Remove cake from oven and chill for 12 hours. Just before serving top cake with mounds of flavored whipped cream and garnish with chocolate leaves. Yields 16 servings.
- To Make Flavored Whipped Cream: Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form, then beat in confectioner's sugar and 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur.
- To Make Chocolate Leaves: Melt 1 ounce semisweet chocolate in a pan or bowl set over boiling water, stir until smooth. Brush real non-toxic plant leaves (such as orange leaves) on one side with melted chocolate. Freeze until firm and then peel off leaves. Freeze chocolate leaves until needed.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 619 cal
- 45 g
- 45.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (294)Rate This Recipe
"Fantastic cheesecake!! I did have some trouble melting the chocolate, so the 2nd time I made this cheesecake, I just melted the chocolate in the microwave and stirred the 2 Tb. of cream in with with ..." See moresour cream. I also combined the 1/4c.water, instant coffee and liqueur & put in the microwave til it was hot. By doing this, you avoid overmixing the batter and warms the batter slightly so the chocolate blends easier! Great recipe and I really enjoyed making it!!! Thanks!!"
"I have made this cheesecake at least a dozen times and my family and friends request it all the time!!! I make a few modifications: instead of instant coffee dissolved in hot water, I use 1/4 c. espr..." See moreesso for a little stronger coffee flavor. If you don't have an espresso machine, you can pick up an espresso at the coffee shop. I also use 1 1/2 times the crust recipe so that the crust is a bit thicker and I can press it halfway up the sides of my springform pan. I also buy a 16 oz. container of whipping cream and use the remainder (after using 2 Tbsp to melt the chocolate) to make the whipped cream, which means I double the powdered sugar and coffee liquer. I can't say enough good things about this recipe!"
Chocolate Cookie Cheesecake
Chocolate Mocha Cheesecake
Just swipe to see more like this.