Cheesy Macaroni and Beef Casserole with Thyme46 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Cheese, onions, ground beef, and macaroni baked with cherry tomatoes and fresh thyme. Simple and delicious.” - by amanda1432
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large casserole dish.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place the macaroni in the pot, cook 9 to 11 minutes, until al dente, and drain. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the ground beef and onion until beef is evenly brown and onion is tender. Stir in the wine, and continue cooking 1 minute. Mix in the milk, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Continue to cook and stir until heated through. Whisk the flour into the skillet, and gradually stir in 2 cups cheese until melted. Mix in the thyme and cherry tomatoes.
- Stir the skillet mixture into the casserole dish with the macaroni. Top with remaining cheese.
- Cook uncovered 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly brown.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 537 cal
- 22.7 g
- 52.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (46)Rate This Recipe
"We didn't care for this casserole, it was very bland. I really think the 1/2 cup of flour really took away from the dish, it seemed to nutralize the taste of the cheese...." See more"
"This is a very good recipe...The only changes we made was to use evaporated milk instead of regular milk, and we added Panko bread crumbs mixed with grated paremesean cheese and a little paprika for c..." See moreolor on top before baking..Also, make sure the flour is fully cooked - a couple of minutes before adding in the cheese."
"Okay all....this recipe is a good idea but WAY to bland for my taste!! I would make the following changes 1. MORE CHEESE!! You can barely taste any cheese 2. NO THYME...or a lot less of it. It's so s..." See moretrong...to me it tasted like macaroni and thyme! (I don't like thyme so I would leave it out.) 3. MORE BEEF! You can't taste this either. 4. GARLIC! This would add a great flavour to this dish. 5. LESS FLOUR...it wasn't saucy at all..just too thick. All in all the idea is good it just needs to be worked on a little bit!"
Cheesy Macaroni and Hamburger Casserole
Roast Beef Hash Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.