Cinnamon Coffee Cake I43 Reviews
“You can make this tasty cake lower in fat by using 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup applesauce, non-fat sour cream, and egg beaters.” - by Kelsey
Original recipe yields 1 -10 inch tube
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 10 inch tube pan.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter or margarine and 2 cups of the sugar until fluffy. Add the vanilla and the eggs one at time beating mixture well after each egg.
- Combine flour with baking powder and baking soda. Add alternately with sour cream to egg mixture. Beating just enough after each addition to keep batter smooth.
- Combine walnuts, cinnamon, and remaining 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Spoon 1/3 of the batter into prepared pan, sprinkle with 1/3 of the walnut mixture. Repeat layers two more times.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 70 minutes or until center is done. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove pan and let cake continue cooling on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 576 cal
- 30 g
- 70.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (43)Rate This Recipe
"This was a huge hit at my church for fellowship! I made it in a 15x10 pan because I needed 32 pieces, baked in 45 minutes. I used 1/2 c butter and 1/2 c applesauce as recommended. Also used nonfat van..." See moreilla yogurt & sour cream combination, 1 tbsp vanilla and brown sugar with no nuts in topping. Spread 1/2 batter in pan sprinkle with 1/2 topping, spread remaining 1/2 and sprinkle again. Looked and tasted fantastic! Thanks for the recipe."
"I made this as a half-batch and baked in a loaf pan for about 35 min. I used the butter/applesauce option and also traded the sour cream for vanilla yogurt, and used the 1/2 white, 1/2 brown sugar com..." See morebo. I really liked the way this turned out--really good flavor and a moist, spongy texture. I'm not a fan of crumbly, dry coffee cake, so I will keep making it this way. Next time I think I'll add a drizzled icing. Thanks for all of the suggestions--you all are helping me become a better baker!"
"this is the one iv'e been searching for. i used 1 cup white and 1 cup brown sugar and brown sugar for the topping, sustituted oats for 1/2 of the nuts and pecans instead of walnuts. the only thing i w..." See moreill do differently next time is to mix a little melted butter into topping to make it more of a struesel."
Cinnamon Coffee Cake II
Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.