Marble Crumb Cake11 Reviews
“This is one of my favorite easy cakes. I usually have this for my birthday cake.” - by Laria Tabul
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour one 13x9 inch cake pan.
- Combine 1/2 cup of the flour and the brown sugar, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly, stir in the chopped nuts and set aside.
- In a double boiler or microwave melt chocolate chips and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl mix the remaining 2 cups flour, white sugar, baking soda, and salt. Add the shortening, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Blend and then beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Combine 1 cup of the batter and the melted cooled chocolate, mix well.
- Alternate spooning the light and the dark batters into the prepared 13x9 cake pan. Cut through with a knife to marble. Sprinkle top with the reserved nut mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until cake tests done. Let cake cool and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 212 cal
- 10.5 g
- 28.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"It's more of cake-coffeecake, you get half-half, best of both worlds. It goes GREAT with coffee. I made it for my boyfriend's birthday at work. Some of co-workers admitted they've had FOUR servings of..." See more it. Next time I will try adding cinnamon for extra flavor kick, otherwise, it's so good the way it is! I used pecans instead of walnuts, after all I'm a Texan. :)"
"i tried this cake hoping that it would be a great birthday cake, but it turns out to be more like a coffee cake, something you would have for breakfast, not for dessert. i was extremely dissapointed. ..." See morealthough it was a quick and easy cake, i don't reccommend it for a dessert cake."
Orange Raisin Cake
Marble Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.