Rhubarb Strawberry Cake24 Reviews
“Fresh strawberries and rhubarb make a delectable combination.” - by Roxanne39
Original recipe yields 1 -9 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a bowl combine flour, packed brown sugar, quick-cooking oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Press half of the mixture into an ungreased 9 inch round baking pan.
- Combine chopped rhubarb and strawberries; spoon into baking pan.
- In a saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch, water, and vanilla. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Pour mixture over fruit. Sprinkle fruit with the remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour. Wonderful when served with vanilla ice cream.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 284 cal
- 8.3 g
- 51.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (24)Rate This Recipe
"I was confused by the pan size. The recipe calls for 9" round (12 servings??), but the picture looks like an 8x11 or 9x13. I used a 9x13, doubled the crumb recipe and cornstarch mixture. I did not ..." See moreincrease the fruit amounts or the baking time. My pan was full!"
"The only problem I have with this recipe is that it is called "cake." When you make it, you will discover that it is delicious, but it is more like a cobbler (but not as sweet) than like a cake. I f..." See moreollowed this recipe exactly the first time. The second time I meant to follow it exactly because it was wonderful, but accidentally put in a whole cup of oatmeal rather than 3/4. It still turned out to be great. You will receive lots of compliments if you bake this dish. :) I used a 9" x 13" square dish rather than a round one. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe, Roxanne!"
Rhubarb Strawberry Crunch
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.