Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf105 Reviews
“This has a nice fresh lemon flavor. Makes nice muffins, also.” - by IRENED
Original recipe yields 2 - 9x5 inch loaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Heavily grease and flour two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter or margarine, and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Mix lemon juice and yogurt together and add alternately with the sifted flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix until just blended. Stir in lemon rind and poppy seeds. Pour mixture into prepared pans and smooth tops.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 minutes or until browned and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on rack for 15 minutes before turning out of pans.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 203 cal
- 7.9 g
- 30.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (105)Rate This Recipe
"This is delicious! Very nice lemon flavor. I cut the butter down to a 1/2 Cup and increased the yogurt to 1 Cup, and it still came out moist. I've been looking for a good lemon poppy recipe, and th..." See moreis does it for me!"
"Wonderfull recipe! I baked mine in a bundt pan and sifted some powdered sugar on top. My girls loved it!..." See more"
"Like other members, I also cut the butter down to half a cup and upped the yogurt to one cup. Though I baked this in two round cake tins. When they were cool, I spread a lemon glaze (1 1/2 cups powd..." See moreered sugar, zest of one lemon, 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice and a little water) over the top of the bottom layer, put down the top layer and drizzled the remaining glaze. Great cake with tea!"
Lemon Poppy Seed Dessert Cake
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins with Truvia(R) Baking Blend
Just swipe to see more like this.