Fiesta Enchiladas7 Reviews
“An interesting main dish using a few well placed low fat ingredients. Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw and ground turkey are the stars of these spicy and fun enchiladas.” - by Mann's Fresh Vegetables
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For sauce: In a large saucepan, mix tomato sauce, tomato paste and taco seasoning over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer.
- For filling: Coat a large saute pan with nonstick cooking spray. Saute onions and Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw over medium-high heat until onions are translucent. Set aside. Using the same pan, add ground turkey and cook thoroughly, breaking the meat into small pieces -about 10 minutes. Add onions and Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw, diced green chiles/jalapenos and 3/4 cup cheese. Stir until mixed thoroughly and cheese has melted.
- Preparation: Spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour sauce in the casserole dish, enough to cover the bottom. Dip or coat each tortilla with sauce; fill with 1/6 of enchilada filling and wrap; place in casserole dish with close of tortilla to the bottom. Pour all extra sauce on top of enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Garnish with diced green onions.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 428 cal
- 7.4 g
- 54.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"This was a very tasty and low-fat meal. I followed the recipe as it was. The only flaw was that the directions say to add taco seasoning and it's not in the ingredients. I added about 3/4 of a packe..." See moret. Used combination of fat-free cheese and regular cheddar. Also used the green chiles, instead of jalapenos. Garnished with a dab of low-fat sour cream as well."
"VERY spicy if you use one full packet of taco seasoning! My family likes spicy, so it went over well- just a warning that it was hot enough to make my nose run!..." See more"
"I had high hopes for this recipe with all of the 5 star reviews. I like the concept of the filling ingredients, but neither my husband or I liked the sauce. I think you would be better off with a ca..." See morenned enchilada sauce. I like the salsa idea. I may try this again, but I'd like to work on making the filling more cohesive and improving the sauce."
Just swipe to see more like this.