Caramel Pound Cake56 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“Very moist dense cake.” - by Judy Neary
Original recipe yields 10 inch tube cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- Cream together 1cup butter or margarine, shortening, brown sugar, and 1 cup white sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Sift 2 1/2 cups of the flour and baking powder. Add alternately with milk to the creamed mixture. Stir 1/2 cup flour with the chopped pecans, then fold into the batter. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 90 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let stand in pan 10 minutes, and then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- To Make Frosting: In a small saucepan, beat 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup white sugar, butter or margarine, and milk together. Bring to a rolling boil, and cook for one minute. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla. Cool, then beat until thickened. Add a little milk if it too thick. Spread on cake.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 743 cal
- 35.7 g
- 102.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (56)Rate This Recipe
"This cake was very well received by my family-the only drawback was that it took a long time and a lot of stirring to get the frosting ready, but when it was, it was absolutely delicious. I would mak..." See moree this cake again."
"I was surprised for two reasons: #1 when I first DL this recipe on Thanksgiving Day, there wer no ratings for it yet. So I was a little worried but wanted to try something different. #2 I was amaze..." See mored ath the amount of sugar it called for in just the batter. But it came out great nice and moist, mildy sweet and nutty. It tasted great even without the frosting. Which I recommend you let cool to get a better consistency. The frosting is rich but really good... Thanks for sharing!"
"I made this cake once before, but this was before i became a member of all recipes. This is a very good recipe.I will be using it. I saw where some of the viewers said it was a heavy cake, just try si..." See morefting the flour twice, and instead of frosting the whole cake I just used it as a glaze and it was very good. Another winner."
Apple Harvest Pound Cake with Caramel Glaze
Marble Swirl Pound Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.