Pumpkin Roll I121 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 day 1 hr 15 min
“This is a great dessert, especially nice for holidays, but it can be served anytime of the year. The resulting pumpkin roll slices will impress your guests. The pumpkin roll is not as hard to make as it sounds. Be sure and use plain canned pumpkin, and not pumpkin pie mix.” - by Tammy Elliott
Original recipe yields 1 pumpkin roll
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed for five minutes. Gradually mix in pumpkin and lemon juice. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and ginger; stir into the pumpkin mixture. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan. Sprinkle pecans over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the center springs back when touched. Loosen edges with a knife. Turn out on two dishtowels that have been dusted with confectioners' sugar. Roll up cake using towels, and let cool for about 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, 1 cup confectioners' sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Unroll pumpkin cake when cool, spread with filling, and roll up. Place pumpkin roll on a long sheet of waxed paper, and dust with confectioners' sugar. Wrap cake in waxed paper, and twist ends of waxed paper like a candy wrapper. Refrigerate overnight. Serve chilled; before slicing, dust with additional confectioners' sugar.
Amount Per Serving (15 total)
- 279 cal
- 14.6 g
- 35.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (121)Rate This Recipe
"I made this for the first time, just this past weekend. The baking part was so easy, but to use a towel dusted with confection sugar was an ABSOLUTE HUGE mistake. I had to throw my first 2 cakes an..." See mored the towels away, because they stuck to the towel so bad, and I didn't even want to bother washing them.WHAT A MESS!!! I tried aluminium foil, greased and dusted with flour and it worked WONDERFULLY!!! Just pulled it right out of the pan, put a piece of parchment on top, and rolled it right up in the foil. The recipe is 5 star+. I didn't use lemon juice, and instead of the cinnamon and cloves, I used 1TBLSP of pumpkin spice. Everyone was raving how heavenly it tasted. I will def. make over and over. Can't wait to give away as small gifts for Christmas. Thank you!!!! Another thing I forgot to mention, i didn't use any lemon juice or the nuts."
"i don't add lemon juice and it turns out just as good...you can use heavy duty foil instead of wax paper it works alot better just lay your foil in the pan pour a little grease on top move the pan aro..." See moreund and pour your batter on its much easier ...when the cake is done take it out and roll the foil in the cake while its hot ..let it cool .. unroll the cake add your filling then roll it back up with out the foil.. its so much easier!!"
"Excellent! I've been looking for this recipe for a while now! I did make one change--I left the nuts off the cake portion, because it becomes too hard to roll. You can, if you want the nuts, add th..." See moreem to the cream cheese filling, that way the cake doesn't fall apart when you roll it. Thanks for the recipe!"
Granny Kat's Pumpkin Roll
Pumpkin Roll III
Just swipe to see more like this.