The Best Meatloaf I've Ever Made233 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“When I was growing up, my mom never ever made meatloaf and I always wanted to try it - I finally tried it at a restaurant and loved it. When I moved out on my own I started experimenting with different recipes and creating my own version. I finally came up with the best meatloaf I have ever made, and I wanted to share it.” - by sillyliltracy
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion and garlic 5 minutes, until onion is tender. Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix the onion and garlic, beef, crumbled bread, crushed crackers, egg, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/2 can tomato sauce. Gradually stir in the milk 1 teaspoon at a time until mixture is moist, but not soggy. Transfer the mixture to a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 40 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C), and continue baking 15 minutes, to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining tomato sauce and ketchup. Pour over the top of the meatloaf, and continue baking 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 213 cal
- 11.6 g
- 8.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (233)Rate This Recipe
"Awesome recipe...I only made a few little changes, first I added diced cubanelle peppers to the garlic and onions, I didn't have sour cream so I used a little bit of mayo (I was sorprised that work ou..." See moret very very well) I used italian breadcrumbs and to the sauce I added a little bit of steak sauce and some maple syrup...Delicioso!! uh, I almost forgot, I placed two slices of regular bread at the bottom of the pan before put it in the oven, that way the bread suck all the grease from the meat...when it is done, just discard the bread..Thanks for sharing!!!"
"ooh my goooooodness, this truly is the best meatloaf I have ever tasted in my life. My husband and two little children loved it. My daughter is a really picky eater especially when it comes to meat, b..." See moreut she ate it all down to the last drop. I absolutely recommend this recipe to every one. I will most definitely be making this again. I can not wait to have a get together so that I can share it with others. I gave this recipe 5 stars only because that was the highest option available. It was greeeaaaattttt!!!!!!!"
"This recipie was great, I did change it around alittle. I used italian bread crumbs instead of the bread and crackers,and I used garlic powder and onion salt instead of cooking garlic and onion in but..." See moreter. I also forgot to use the milk. The meat was pretty moist I didn't need it anyway. This was great will use it again. Thanks"
Glazed Meatloaf II
Guy Approved Meatloaf
Just swipe to see more like this.