Swiss Chocolate Cake26 Reviews
“Delicious chocolate layer cake that melts in your mouth.” - by Michelle Dolorfino
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch layer cake
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and sugar.
- Stir butter just to soften, and add to flour mixture. Add 1 cup milk until all flour is dampened. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed, or 300 vigorous strokes by hand.
- Add to the flour mixture eggs, vanilla, melted chocolate, food coloring, and remaining 1/4 cup milk. Beat 1 minute in mixer, or 150 strokes by hand. Line the bottoms of two 9 inch round cake pans with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool.
- Frost with Chocolate Torte Frosting when completely cooled.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 318 cal
- 13.7 g
- 46 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (26)Rate This Recipe
"Absolutely delicious! This cake is silky smooth as can be, fairly dense and moist yet not 'heavy' or too rich. I think that's due in part to the cake flour and in part to the sifting. As the men who t..." See moreried it said, it's not 'gaggingly sweet' like they feel most chocolate cakes are. I also used the chocolate torte frosting as recommended, and sprinkled chopped pecans on top of the frosting in the middle layer. I will DEFINITELY be making this cake again."
Chocolate Web Cake
Chocolate Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.