Caramel Nougat Cake3 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Very rich, moist cake. Eat sparingly. This recipe came from my cousin Marty.” - by J. Griffith
Original recipe yields 1 bundt cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan to within an inch of the top of the pan. It is very important not to grease and flour clear to the top. it will run over, make an awful mess in your oven, and the cake will fall.. Mix together the flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In microwave or double boiler, melt 7 milk chocolate covered caramel and nougat candy bars with 1/2 cup butter. Stir until smooth, and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and 1/2 cup softened butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk. Stir in the melted candy mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for about 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out dry.
- To make the glaze: Melt 3 milk chocolate covered caramel and nougat candy bars with 6 tablespoons butter. Pour glaze over top of the cake, and let it run down the sides. Sprinkle with chopped nuts if desired.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 696 cal
- 34.6 g
- 90.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Good taste--kind of carmel-ly. Made this for my mom's birthday, and she loved it! It did run over the side of my bundt pan and sank in the middle, so I wasn't very pleased with how it looked. I pro..." See morebably won't make it again."
"I've tried to make this cake twice, and both times the cake fell, despite the fact that I followed the directions exactly. It sounds so good, but when I tasted it, it was very heavy and greasy. I th..." See moreink one of the recipes that starts with a boxed mix would turn out better."
Caramel Nougat Cake II
Caramel Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.