Caramel Nougat Cake II5 Reviews
“Layer cake make with candy bars, frosted and drizzled with melted caramel. M-m-mmmm!” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 2 -8 inch round cakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour two 8 inch round cake pans.
- Sift cake flour and combine with baking powder, and salt. Set mixture aside.
- With and electric mixer, beat shortening, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to the shortening mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into flour mixture then fold in chopped candy bars. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Let cakes cool in pans for 10 minutes then remove from pans. Drizzle with melted caramel if desired.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 244 cal
- 10.2 g
- 35.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"This was a delicious and moist cake!! I put freshly whipped cream and caramel sauce in between the cakes and topped it off with more cream and caramel sauce after putting the cakes together. Everyon..." See moree loved it!!"
"Made this as my first scratch cake and took to work for a co-worker's birthday. Everyone wanted the recipe. Easy and out of this world...." See more"
Caramel Nougat Cake V
Scottley's Basic Yellow Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.