Chocolate Caramel Nut Cake II2 Reviews
“This cake is excellent with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!” - by Stephanie
Original recipe yields 2 -9 inch square cakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour two 9 inch square cake pans.
- In the top of a double boiler, combine the cut up candy bars, water, and peanut butter. Heat and a stir until well melted and blended. Set mixture aside to cool.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks are formed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter or margarine thoroughly. Gradually add the sugar and beat in the 4 unbeaten egg yolks, vanilla, and cooled candy bar mixture. Mix until smooth and add 1/4 cup of the buttermilk. Stir in the flour mixture alternately with the remaining 1 cup of buttermilk, mix only until just blended. Gently fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Let cakes cool in pans for 5 minutes then turn out onto a cake rack to finish cooling. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 259 cal
- 12.5 g
- 33.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
Chocolate Caramel Nut Cake
Rich Chocolate Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.