Flank Steak Pinwheels156 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 9 hr 20 min
“The combination of the marinade, spinach, onion and feta make this a delicious and impressive flank steak recipe that is always a huge hit for guests! Easy to prepare (but it doesn't look like it is), great tasting and pretty to look at too!” - by LindaJ
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- In a large resealable bag, combine the olive oil, soy sauce, red wine, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, lemon juice, 1 clove of garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper. Squeeze the bag to blend well. Pierce the flank steak with a knife, making small slits about 1 inch apart. Place the steak into the bag, and seal. Refrigerate overnight to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Crush the remaining clove of garlic on a cutting board with a large chef's knife. Sprinkle the salt over the garlic, and scrape with the blunt side of the knife to make a paste.
- Remove the steak from the bag, and discard marinade. Spread the garlic paste over the top side of the steak. Place layers of chopped onion, bread crumbs, spinach, and cheese over the garlic. Roll the steak up lengthwise, and secure with kitchen twine or toothpicks. Place the roll in a shallow glass baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the internal temperature of the roll is at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees F) in the center. Let stand for 5 minutes to set, then slice into 1 inch slices to serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 300 cal
- 20.3 g
- 10.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (156)Rate This Recipe
"This was delicious among a beautiful presentation. My hubbie tasted it and looked at me and said "On a scale on 1-5, babe this is a 10!" I have to admit I did alter the recipe... alot, but this was ..." See moresuch a great base. First off, I butterflied my meat for easier rolling and more tender meat. Then I marinated my meat for 6 hours in "Puerto Rican Garlic Marinade" from this site. Since it had the garlic in the marinade, I omitted it from the filling and fried the onions before adding them. I used the whole package of spinach and it came out perfect! We had my hubbie's best friend over for dinner and all you heard were "Mmmm's" and praises through dinner. I served it with "garlicky summer squash" from this site, and I made a parsley-herb rice. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe."
Always Cooking Up Something
"This recipe is awesome! Pounding, piercing, and a long marinating time make this the most savory, tender flank steak I've ever eaten. The filling is delicious, and the pinwheel presentation makes th..." See moreis a great dish for company."
"We really liked this as is, but I can see many other posibilities. I sliced my steak in half and then beat. Did not have all night to marinate, but several hours produced good flavour. It made two rol..." See morels and they cooked in 40 minutes. Would like a sauce to serve with it. Anyone have any ideas?"
G's Flank Steak Marinade
Marinated Flank Steak
Just swipe to see more like this.