Rhubarb Cake I247 Reviews
“Delicious served warm with ice cream. If you don't have buttermilk, you may substitute sour milk. Stir 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice together with 1 cup of milk and let stand for 10 minutes.” - by Barb Oke
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 x 13 inch cake
- In a large bowl, cream together butter or margarine and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, sift together 2 cups flour, soda, and salt. Add sifted ingredients alternately with buttermilk to creamed mixture.
- Toss rhubarb with 1 tablespoon flour, and stir into batter. Spoon batter into buttered 9 x 13 inch pan, and smooth the surface.
- Blend together 1/4 cup butter or margarine, cinnamon, and brown sugar; sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 244 cal
- 8.2 g
- 41.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (247)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent- I took another reviewer's suggestion to use 3 cups of rhubarb - next time I'm using at least 4 cups. I definitely will be making this again, I'm also going to use the basic recipe too for o..." See morether different fruits such as blueberries, cherries, peaches - it can be endless."
"This cake is outstanding! Other than adding an extra cup of chopped rhubarb, I followed the directions exactly and the cake turned out beautifully ... I'm going to make another one this weekend to sh..." See moreare with family. You won't be disappointed in this one!"
Oma's Rhubarb Cake
Rhubarb Pudding Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.