Lady Baltimore Cake7 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This cake is a real beauty covered with soft icing. You may substitute sherry for vanilla if you choose.” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch round layer cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9 inch round layer pans.
- In a large bowl, cream butter or margarine, 1 1/4 cups sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla together well. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir flour, baking powder, and salt together in another bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture in 3 parts alternating with milk in 2 parts, beginning and ending with flour.
- Using clean beaters, beat egg whites in mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Add 1/2 cup sugar gradually while beating until stiff. Fold whipped egg whites into batter. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean. Cool.
- To Make Filling: Stir 2 cups Lady Baltimore Frosting, raisins, nuts, cherries, and 2 teaspoons vanilla or sherry all together. Use as filling to spread between layers. Spread remaining frosting on tops and sides of cake.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 440 cal
- 18.5 g
- 63.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"My Grandmother and my Mother used to make this cake. It was soooooooooo good. I had lost the recipe in all my movings over the years, Now I'v got it back. Thanks a heap. Wouldn't change a thing...." See more"
"I'll give this 5 stars, it tastes good, however I probably won't make it again. I have another white cake recipe that I use and get similar results without jumping through all the hoops. It is good ..." See moreand worth trying. Thanks."
Banana Cake II
Marble Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.