Orange Chiffon Cake20 Reviews
“This is a very good cake, and a large cake at that.” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 1 - 10 inch tube pan
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Wash angel food tube pan in hot soapy water to ensure it is totally grease free.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together into bowl. Make a well in center. Put egg yolks, cooking oil, orange juice, orange rind, and vanilla into well. Set aside. Don't beat yet.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar in mixing bowl until very stiff. Set aside.
- Using same beaters, beat egg yolk-flour mixture until smooth. Gently fold 1/4 at a time into egg whites. Pour batter into ungreased 10 inch angel food tube pan.
- Bake in oven for 60 to 70 minutes, until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean. Invert pan until cake has cooled. Remove from pan. Serve plain or frost with Orange Icing.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 271 cal
- 9.7 g
- 41.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (20)Rate This Recipe
"Oh, oh, oh! This was sublime! I searched for this recipe for years. We would savor this cake as kids growing up in Hawaii. Loved it more than the guava version. I did punch up the orange flavor a lot...." See more Here's how: Used one fresh orange for the zest and then squeezed the juice into the 3/4 measuring cup. Filled the rest of the cup with frozen orange juice concentrate (undiluted. Also, used orange food coloring and an extra egg (yolk and white) for more richness and rise. The texture was super. Light and tender. Heavenly orange flavor. Thank you so much. Made it a third time. "
"Very good. The only reason that I gave it a four was because on the recipe, it said to place the cake in an ungreased tube pan- and I had a lot of trouble getting it out. I was able to salvage my ca..." See moreke and cover up some of the affected spots with the orange glaze from this site. (Which was very good and complimented the cake nicely.) Everyone seemed quite pleased with the taste of this cake and using the icing like glue- the appearance wasn't all that bad- it actually looked good. Good recipe and I would make it again- Only in a greased pan."
"This is a wonderful, light cake. To make the recipe a little better, use castor sugar instead of the white sugar. If you can't find castor sugar in your market, which is simply super fine sugar, put..." See more 1-1/2 c. sugar in your food processor and give it a whiz for about 45 seconds to a minute. The sugar will dissolve in the batter more easily and create and even lighter cake."
Peppermint Chiffon Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.