Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Coffee Cake277 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“A friend of mine gave me this recipe years ago. Sometimes I lower the fat content by using fat-free sour cream or yogurt instead of the sour cream. Enjoy! This can also be made into small loaf cakes which can be frozen easily.” - by Ruth
Original recipe yields 1 10-inch bundt cake
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Add eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. Mix in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Pour flour mixture into batter alternately with the sour cream, mixing until just incorporated. Fold in walnuts, mixing just enough to evenly combine. Pour half the batter into the prepared pan.
- Mix the remaining 1/4 cup of white sugar with the cinnamon.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the batter in the pan. Drop remaining cake batter in heaping spoonfuls over filling, covering it as best you can.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes. Lower heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for an additional 40 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 403 cal
- 20.2 g
- 51.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (277)Rate This Recipe
"Very nice cake. Excellent crumb,texture and taste. Cream butter and sugar first, add eggs one at a time, then vanilla. Add sour cream and flour mixture alternately, beginning and ending with flour. To..." See more avoid a crusty, over-baked exterior bake at standard 350 degrees. Also, for a moist cake, do not overbake! This cake is very similar to one made with a yellow cake mix, but a much tastier choice. I omitted the nuts and used brown sugar for the filling--no need at all to double filling ingredients--then drizzled with a powdered sugar glaze when cool. Excellent recipe!"
"I read the other reviews and made some modifications when I made the cake. I coated the Bundt pan with cinnamon & sugar, used brown sugar instead of white for the filling, omitted the nuts and added ..." See morea little extra sour cream (light) to the batter. Results were great!! We took it to a friend's house and I got a desperate e-mail two days later that the cake was finished and they needed the recipe ASAP."
"This has been a big hit, very good but not too sweet. The first time I tried this recipe the sour cream and butter were quite lumpy so I started over. I now cream the sugar and butter before adding..." See more the eggs and sour cream. I also substituted pecans instead of walnuts. Do grease your pan well!"
Cranberry Swirl Coffee Cake
Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.