Honey Cake I13 Reviews
“This is an old German recipe. The cake improves with aging, so bake several days ahead.” - by Suzanne Stull
Original recipe yields 2 - 8 inch square cake
- Mix coffee in hot water, and then cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the yolks with the sugar until creamy. Add the oil and then the honey, beating after each addition. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Sift and then measure 3 cups of flour. Combine with salt, baking powder, baking soda, and spices. Add these dry ingredients alternately with the coffee to the honey mixture, stirring only until blended. Do not overmix.
- Whip egg whites until stiff. Fold in three additions into the batter. Pour into 2 greased 8 inch square pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of cake comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 164 cal
- 4 g
- 30.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"Very light and yummy, different than those heavy honey cakes. On a practical note, if you have only one mixer like I do (I have a KitchenAid), beat the egg whites first, set them aside, then mix up th..." See moree batter. You'll have the egg whites to add as the recipe instructs."
"I made this for my boyfriend's grandmother for a holiday dinner. She loved it. I prefer a honey cake with a soaking syrup, but for what it is, this cake is perfect. Thank you Suzanne...." See more"
Honey Bun Cake I
Honey Cake III
Just swipe to see more like this.