Zucchini Cake I73 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 20 min
“Very moist cake, similar to carrot cake.” - by Suzzane Stull
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour three 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, white sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, vegetable oil, and 1 teaspoon vanilla together. Pour into egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix well. Stir in the shredded zucchini. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven until a tester inserted into each layer comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Allow cakes to cool in pans for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- To Make Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the confectioner's sugar, a little at a time, and beat until smooth. Stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla. Spread between cake layers and stack to make a 3-layer cake.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 794 cal
- 43.7 g
- 96.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (73)Rate This Recipe
"Thought making this in three layers was too much work, so put in a 9x13 pan. Came out just great, and much simpler. Was a very moist tasty cake. Took to work & was a big hit with everyone. Will Defini..." See moretely try again!!!"
"I can't get enough of this cake. Everytime I bake it I add something different. Coconut, currants, walnuts, raisins. Also, I only use 2 cups of brown sugar and 3/4 cup of oil...." See more"
Chocolate Zucchini Cake III
Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Applesauce Icing
Just swipe to see more like this.