Sock it to Me Cake III45 Reviews
“Very moist, delicious cake.” - by Becky
Original recipe yields 1 bundt cake
- Combine the 2 tablespoons of cake mix, cinnamon, brown sugar, and pecans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend cake mix, sour cream, oil, water, eggs, and sugar. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour 2/3 of batter into a greased and floured bundt pan. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture in the center of this and spread remaining batter evenly over this.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45 to 55 minutes. Cool in pan for 25 minutes. Remove from pan.
- To Make Glaze: Blend powdered sugar and milk together to make a glaze. Drizzle over cake. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 416 cal
- 21.4 g
- 53.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (45)Rate This Recipe
"This is a nostalgic recipe in our family that has been one of my kids' favorites since they were very little--and now they're both pushing 30! I never used the nuts only because the kids didn't like t..." See morehem, and occasionally make this in a Bundt pan. The aroma as it's baking is wonderful, like a good comfort food should be. It is deliciously moist with a ribbon of cinnamon and not too sweet, especially since there is only a powdered sugar glaze and not a heavy frosting. Even now when my kids come, I still make this cake---just for the memories."
"I love, love, love this recipe. I can't stop eating it. I made this cake in an oven-safe plastic round cake pan. I was worried halfway through baking that it would cook too quickly on the outside, and..." See more be runny on the inside. I lowered the oven temp to 350, and baked it an extra 10 min. I also used 1/2 c. of sour cream and more cinnamon. But I know it still would have been perfect had I followed the recipe exactly. I left off the icing and it was so moist and GOOD! I also swirled the batter with a butter knife after I layered the streusle filling in the middle. I read the reviews about too much cinnamon right in the middle. I liked that change the best. It gave it an eveness. Excellent, thank you, will make it again ASAP!"
Sock It to Me Cake IV
Sock it to Me Cake V
Just swipe to see more like this.