Microwave Mississippi Mud Cake I28 Reviews
“This is one of my husband's favorites - it tastes great warm with ice cream and has the consistency of a brownie.” - by v monte
Original recipe yields 1 - 7 1/2 x 11 3/4 inch pan
- Put 1 cup butter or margarine into large mixing bowl. Microwave on high 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until melted.
- Stir in 2 cups white sugar and cocoa. Add eggs and vanilla; beat vigorously until well-blended. Stir in flour, nuts and salt. Let batter "rest" for 10 minutes.
- Pour into an 11 3/4 x 7 1/2 pan. Place on a plastic trivet or inverted saucer in oven. Microwave on medium 9 minutes, rotating dish 1/2 turn after 3 minutes.
- Microwave on high 3-5 minutes rotating dish 1/2 turn once, until top is mostly dry with moist spots and pick comes out clean. Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over top of cake. Let stand about 5 minutes until marshmallows are slightly melted.
- To Make Frosting: Melt 1/2 cup butter in large bowl. Stir in 1/3 cup milk, 1/4 cup cocoa and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Add 4 cups confectioners' sugar and beat vigorously until smooth. Spread evenly over marshmallows. Let stand on flat surface 30 minutes until slightly warm or cool completely. Makes 16 very rich servings as this is a very dense cake.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 305 cal
- 13.7 g
- 45.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (28)Rate This Recipe
"I made half a batch to try this one out. Everything cooked very well, the consistency was good, it was pretty easy to make. All good points. I'm giving it 4 stars for those facts. We did NOT like it..." See more for only one fact: It was mega- hugely- super- SWEET! Just way too much for us. I guess we should have figured that out in the beginning considering the full batch uses 6 CUPS OF SUGAR! Wowee! Other people may love super-sweet things, but we don't. I'm not going to take off points for personal preference, as that's not fair. But I don't think we'll make it again."
"It was super quick. I was craving something chocolate and this fixed it. I quartered the recipe and it cooked in 5 minutes. I topped it with chocolate syrup instead of making the frosting. I cooked it..." See more in a ramekin and it came ou perfectly. I'm going to try some new variations."
"I finally tried this recipe, and the reviews were so right! This cake is so simple to make and it turned out very dense and rich like a brownie. It was almost too chocolately for my tastes but everyon..." See moree else loved it!! Since it only takes 15 minutes to cook and in the microwave at that, I'm sure I'll be making this on a more regular basis when a quick dessert is necessary."
Texas Sheet Cake VI
Perfect Mississippi Mud Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.